We love Walt Disney World in Florida, and I have spent a great deal of time researching the best use of the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) snack credits. The following list are the things I see mentioned in forums and Facebook groups as a fantastic use of your DDP snack credits. Since writing this post, I have also created park specific ‘Snack Credits’ posts with LOTS more food and menu photos. (But do scroll down this post too for the top ten list!)
There are so many different styles of snacks in Disney World, they are not just for ice cream and drinks! Some are large enough to be a main meal, which is useful if you are trying to save some credits to use for the Signature restaurants or two table service credit character meals. You can also use one Quick Service credit as three snack credits.
To keep track of your credits – every time you use a credit your receipt will show you how many you have left. You can also get a print out of credits left from your resort reception.
Some Snacks are a meal in themselves!
- Cheeseburger Spring Rolls – yes, these really are a thing! You can get them from a stand in the Magic Kingdom. A friend of mine let me use her photo and she said they may sound awful. But were delicious!
- The chicken fried rice in Yak and Yeti quick service in Animal Kingdom is one that pops up time and time again, so we will definitely be trying that.
- Another that looks fantastic and filling is the French fries with pulled pork and cheese, at Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom (and while I am mentioning Flame Tree BBQ don’t miss the Ribs, Chicken, and Pulled Pork Sampler (The ultimate Flame Tree Barbecue Platter features our three specialities: Smoked Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork with a helping of our House-made Baked Beans, refreshing Coleslaw and delicious Jalapeño Cornbread) it’s normally $20 but counts as just 1 Quick Service credit. I can see us sharing this between two, although Mr Wonders thinks otherwise!
- If you are a Starbucks lover then it’s good to know that all drinks, including the largest sizes, and most pastries or cakes are included as a snack credit!
- Try the garlic knots at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom (it’s a basket of Fresh-baked Garlic Knots topped with Cheese and served with Marinara Sauce – it’s normally $7 so must be a good size!)
- Another good snack option in Animal Kingdom is the Smiling Crocodile, where you can buy a Salmon, Turkey or Pimento-Cheese BLT for a snack credit.
- Oh my goodness – all my Christmases have come at once with this one – a one pint tub of Haagen Dazs for one snack credit! I may have to do this every night that I am there!! Buy from the resort shops.
- You can get chilli cheese fries at Restaurantosaurus at Animal Kingdom, which sound like my kind of snack!
- Fans of macaroni cheese will like the use of snack credits at the Eight Spoon Café in Animal Kingdom where you can get Macaroni Cheese with either pulled pork or shrimp for a snack credit.
- At Ghiradelli’s in Disney Springs you can get two scoops of ice cream for one snack credit. Two scoops are more than $6 so a really good use (plus Ghiradelli’s is fabulous!)
(For the record, I am not sure how many scoops Miss H was having here as I can’t remember. I think it is probably two though!)
Snack Credits – not just for ice cream and drinks!
(but let’s face it, ice-cream is good!)
As I mentioned earlier, I am planning to add lots more photos to this post after our trip. I’d love to see and feature your photos too if you have any (email me if you fancied sending me them – it would be fab! Even if you don’t have photos, please let me know in the comments if you know of any fab ways to use your snack credits and I’ll add them into the post!
Snack Credits in Walt Disney World
Here are more pictures of Disney Dining Plan Snack Credits that a fellow Disney loving friend has sent me:
A coke float from Storybook Treats in Magic Kingdom.
Frozen Strawberry, Banana and Peach smoothie.
Hot fudge sundae from Storybook Treats in the Magic Kingdom.
Before you go, have a look at my latest post on how to make Frozen inspired Elsa Minnie ears – a nice project to get you in the mood during your Disney countdown!
And more Disney posts!
Pin me for later!